Growing Begonias in Pots – How to Grow Begonia Bulbs
Growing Begonias in Pots
Growing begonias in pots is easy! Here’s our step-by-step visual of what growing begonias in pots should look like week-to-week.
1. Plant bulb in moist soil.
2. 1-2 weeks: Keep soil moist, not wet. Ideal temperature is 70-75° F.
3. 2-3 weeks: This is when the first leaves typically begin to appear. Ideal temperature during the day is 65-70°F. Ideal temperature during the night is 55-60°F.
If planting multiple begonia bulbs, at this time you should orient the leaf points towards the rim of the pot. Flowers grow in the same direction of the leaf points, so it is important to do so to make room for the blooms.
4. 3-4 weeks
5. Water and Fertilize: Clear water should be used for every third watering. Standard 20-10-20 fertilizer should be used.
6. 5-6 weeks
7. 7-10 weeks
8. 10-14 weeks: This is when the first blooms should begin to appear.
9. 15-20 weeks: This is when your begonias should be in full bloom!